Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 8

1155am
Lucas had an uneventful night and Tina and I were able to get some much needed sleep. Thank you for your prayers.

It occurred to me that in updating Lucas' condition I might be providing details that are too graphic and I want to be sensitive to Lucas as well as to his friends, family, and prayer partners. So I will try to be just specific enough so that you know what is going on and how to specifically pray, but remember, God knows exactly what He is doing... just keep praying!

Lucas intracranial pressures are stable in an acceptable range. Pray this would continue and that swelling and inflammation in the brain would subside completely. But his blood pressure continues to drop and it is a delicate juggling act to keep his blood pressure up and not do anything to affect the intracranial pressure. Pray for wisdom on the part of the doctors and nurses in managing his blood pressure.

He still has a pneumonia, but is on antibiotics. Pray for rapid healing.

He has blood clots in both arms, but no plans for treatment, since this could affect bleeding in the brain. Pray that no clots would break off and go to the heart or lungs.

Continue to pray for knowledge, wisdom, skill, and compassion for the doctors, nurses, and others caring for Lucas. Pray that God is at work through them.

We have asked you to "pray without ceasing" (1 Thess 5:17). We ask that you continue to do so for healing for Lucas. The gospel of Luke records the parable of the persistent widow...


18:1 And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’ For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’” And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge says. And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”

So please, pray. A moment here, a moment there. When you awaken at night and aren't sure why... pray. Let the Son of Man find many with faith on earth who persistently pray for healing.
We cherish your comments on this blog of scripture, prayers, love, and support. They are so very much appreciated. We feel God's presence through you all

Don't hesitate to pass this on to your church, prayer groups, facebook, etc. 

We love you all.

God is good.

11 comments:

  1. Amen, brother - thanks for encouraging US! Yes, I pray for you all thru the nite as i turover and come a bit awake. Glad you slept some.
    The Spirit in us - the Creator living in His created!!! - is the same One that raised Jesus from the dead - He is able as we pray! And we must exercise our faith muscles for them to become strong.
    I'm copying here the hymn I sent to you, for perhaps it will encourage the woman whose husband is so sick and those that are reading your blog, too.
    Blessings and love in Christ,
    Betsy C.

    He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
    He sendeth more strength when the labors increase;
    To added affliction He addeth His mercy
    To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.

    When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
    When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
    When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
    Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

    His love has no limit, His grace has no measure.
    His power has no boundary known unto men;
    For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
    He giveth and giveth and giveth again.

    Annie Johnson Flint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burnie, I passed along the blog info to my brother, who is the family life pastor at his church in Chesapeake, VA. He will start the prayer teams praying for Lucas and your family. We are "praying without ceasing" here at home for you.
    Love and peace to you, Tina and Spencer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burnie, I am reading your updates every day. I am continuing to pray for your Lucas !!! Praying that God will heal him and praying for the Docs, nursing staff etc. Millicent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burnie, Tina and Spencer, I learned about your situation thru a friend that works with you and I have added Lucas'name to our prayer list at church (Bethel Baptist in Clemmons), just know that God is in control and he does not make any mistakes...
    Marie Hendrix

    ReplyDelete
  5. Burnie and family, prayers are going up for you now and will continue. Lucas will be added to the prayer list at my church as well. (Center United Methodist in Welcome,NC) God bless each of you and place peace in your hearts with the knowledge that He is with you and holding Lucas in His hands.
    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Burnie,

    I continue to lift all of you up in prayer..like you said, here and there, day and night. The postings of others are so encouraging to me. Your faithfulness and praise for our Lord is so uplifting to me as well. We put all of you on our prayer list last night and will continue to pray for you all.

    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am still praying for u Lucas! i love u soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying all the time. At the produce stand today, I asked a lady to pray for Lucas.. She attends Calvary Baptist in King and would post it for their prayer group. I hope you are able to rest tonight...Let me know what I can do for you here in Winston.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mr. and Mrs. Little,
    I am praying for you and your family!
    -Lauren Clark

    ReplyDelete
  10. Burnie and Tina,
    Just wanted to let you know that I just sent in a request to add Lucas, Spencer, Sydney, the doctors, nurses and other medical providers to our pray list at church (Grace Baptist Temple). I have been so burdened to pray today and will continue to pray without ceasing. Our God is great!
    I call upon you O God for You will answer me and hear my prayer. Psalm 17:6. Tina King/RN Call A Nurse

    ReplyDelete
  11. ps....you were also added to that prayer request. :)

    ReplyDelete